Friday, October 7, 2011

The grand young lady in Brotzeit.

PORK FEAST! BEWARE!!!


This is a long overdue post, a post about my third sister's birthday! She turned 18 on the 1st of October! =)

As usual, she has the most cakes on her birthday. I baked a chocolate cake and dad decided that we would celebrate her birthday there and then. Though it was meant to be a joke, we did sing a birthday song for her.

It was Trixie's idea to surprise her with a dinner in Brotzeit. Brotzeit, a German beer bar and restaurant located in Mid Valley serves a very wide range of you guessed it, PORK!

Ranging from the pork knuckle, sausages so stuffed and large it made you full just by looking at them.
The first bite into the succulent and thick sausage had me overcome with emotion as I was swept away by a wave of juiciness and aromatic garlic flavor of the garlic sausage, the tender meat that fell of the bone of the rib, bacon slices with layers of fat and meat at equal ratio, thick and juicy, the big chunks of meat from the pork knuckle with 2 side dishes of saurkraut and potato salad.

Let's just say, I couldn't look at another pork dish for a week. =D

Before the food arrived, we were served some good authentic German beer, but, as I am more of a wine/liquor drinker, I found the 4 different types of beer the same. I did notice the different taste but all left me feeling slightly ill as I do not like the taste of beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment