Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Frugal and fragile...

Well, seems like the full nerd mode is going well. I've finished 2 books in 2 days already. Not up to my usual standard yet but it's getting there. What can I say, I've got to occupy the time that I've got on my hands,what better way than to read, which not only occupies my time but at the same time, improves my language and grammar(hopefully)?

Ever noticed that the mind tends to wander and little itsy bitsy pieces of insecurities and nonsense creeps into your mind?

It will be 2 years this Saturday and yet,I still feel the insecurities and uncertainties that I first felt on our first day. Why is it you may wonder, it might be the lack of self confidence in myself that so very often takes over me. Even until now, I sometimes feel that either I am not good enough or maybe I am too good. Don't get it, never mind.


I borrowed two books from the Taylor's library.

Source: http://www.fishpond.co.nz/Books/Fiction_Literature/General/9780751542455/?cf=3

Crossings, is a book by Danielle Steel and this is my first time reading one of her works. I have to say, she did a very good job in details. This book had a serious edge to it and yet very intriguing. The plot had me stumbling to find out more about the characters, about Liane,a very young woman but has shown maturity beyond her age. Set in the period when the Germans were attacking the French, and Japanese with the Americans, a tale stunningly told, a love affair, her love torn between a man that she loves, married, dear old Armand, a man 20 + years older than her but is far away, defending his country, or the young Nick Burnham, as charming and handsome as he is but married to a woman, so full of herself and her philandering ways. The struggles she has to go through to support the man she loves and to comfort the man living in pain and is attracted to day by day. A tale as original as it can get, this book had my eyes glued to it.

source: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/jane-costello/nearly-weds.htm

This book has a similar plot to the Sound of Music and The Nanny and many others. Just can't seem to think about any right now. Zoe gets stood up by her fiance, flies off to America to work as a nanny, falls in love with her employer, who puts up an obnoxious, defensive front after his wife died. He soon slowly falls for her, she falls in love with him, she get's into a dilemma of choosing between her hot,American but annoying and unpleasant boss or her fiance who's begging her for a second chance. A well predicted ending but I quite enjoyed the story and humor in it. Very predictable though but good enough to keep me reading on.


What can I say, I am a sucker for romance novels. I use to think that, friends and family should just buy me a book each for my birthday, Christmas, and all the other gift giving holidays as my presents!

Next book am going to devour is... jeng jeng jeng, a classic story but WITH a new twist in it. It's Peter Pan in Scarlet! Interesting isn't it,believe it or not, I use to have a crush on the cartoon version of Peter Pan(actually,I still kinda do). I would dream that he would come through my window and I would fly away with him. I've always thought I would make a better Wendy than Wendy did. Haha. =)


Yup,interesting, Peter Pan. Need I say more. He's Peter Pan. Read more to find out! *drools*

PS: To the person concerned, that's for leaving me all alone. I devour,swallow,engulf and consume books due to boredom. You know who you are. I'm watching you. @.@


No comments:

Post a Comment