Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Devil's food cake...


source:http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Desserts/Chocolate-Cherry-Cake.aspx


source: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2007/08/devils-food-cak/


First off, I'm learning to source my pictures which I normally don't. But I do think that credit must be given. =) So yeah, all pictures will be credited and sourced to my best efforts.

I made devil's food cake on Sunday with the help of a certain tall and lanky, noisy helper. No,it's not my sister.She's too busy "studying".

Well, anyway, the cake turned out great, since this lil small town of Seremban, I could not find cream so I had to substitute it with milk and butter, which is basically the same thing unless you wanna make whip cream than sorry mate, you got to look for the real cream then. The icing was a tad bitter... well, quite bitter to be exact as I had used the leftover chocolates which were 85% and 70% cocoa.Very bitter...hmmm, but my family said it tasted exactly like American Chocolate cake,if only the icing was sweeter. =) Looks like Grandma's recipe book really can be trusted!

I have been pestering my mum to buy round cake tins as I only have rectangular ones and truthfully,I'm kinda bored with rectangle cakes already. I know,I know, no matter the shape, the taste is still the same right? But I really like round shaped cakes. =) Nice to see nice to cut ma.

Oh yeah, the first picture, my cake texture and colour is exactly the same while the second picture is to show you the icing I had poured on the cake except that my icing was darker, much darker in colour as I had used dark bitter chocolate.

OK,more recipes and book reading to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment