Monday, March 12, 2012

Cookie dough and good food.

Mum and youngest sis came up for the hols. Where ever my mum is, there will be good food. The feeling of being pampered IS nice! =)

Stir fried bitter gourd with egg and tomatoes

This dish was a tad salty as Trix added more salt to it even though I distinctively told her that it has been seasoned.

Stir fried vegetables consisting of cabbage, carrots and celery

What is a healthy meal without veggies! Believe it or not, I used to hate vegetables (almost every normal kid does), but I learn to like them due to the very fact they keep me healthy and full and in good shape. Haha, yes, I do gorge myself full with vegetables sometimes to keep fit.

Hakka style fish with lots of ginger and Mui choy

This was superb! Mum had actually wanted to follow a recipe from the book but was lacking in a key ingredient, ham choi (salted, preserved cabbage) so she had to improvise. =) It was yums!

Just a random photo showing the happy me!

Baked chocolate cookies last Saturday.It had been a while since I've baked cookies. I found it too much of a bother to baked cookies and had resorted to baking a whole cake instead. Simpler as it did not need scooping the dough out in batches and waiting for it to cool. Another reason for me not baking biscuits is because the recipes that I follow gives me soft chewy cookies which many people find weird. They prefer the hard, crispy, crunchy texture.

As usual, when I have the spare time I usually go to the library in my college and pour over mountains and mountains of recipe books. Found a recipe that seemed quite easy and decided to try it out.

Yes, I wrote it down. In fact, I have a book where I write all these recipes that I want to try out.

Cookie dough

I have always wondered what cookie dough would taste like but thanks to the fear of contracting Salmonella from raw eggs, this has prevented me from digging my fingers into this cookie dough even though it looked delicious.

Cookie dough

Little balls of cookie dough ready to turn into chocolate cookies!


Fresh from the oven!



Could not resist myself and took a bite, the chocolate was still warm and gooey, a bite of heaven!


Surprise, surprise, it turned out really good. The texture was crunchy and hard, almost like a store bought cookie! This recipe is a keeper!

Some of the cookies turned out a little bit too hard as I had over baked them. It happened as I was waiting for them to bake, I had decided to watch one episode of 'House' and was too engrossed to remember that I was baking. Thank God none of the biscuits were burnt, just a bit over done.

Dad bought a cake, chocolate cake. Chocolate coating was too think. Got sick after a few bites.
Oh well, cake!





No comments:

Post a Comment