Friday, February 18, 2011

Running Streak...

I have been on a hard core exercise regime nowadays. Well, actually short of being a sports fanatic. Went for futsal on Sunday, badminton and swimming all in a week. Got a bruise on the shoulder during futsal. I call em' my battle scars. The main reason I love sports is... actually unknown. Among all my sisters, I'm the only one who is crazy about sports. Started off with squash when I was quite young. Moved on to other sports. Maybe it's the adrenaline rush, the sprinting and running around. The excitement that gets your heart pumping, the sweat, the heat and the feeling of happiness that I get when I exercise.

What worries me now is that once I start uni, I have to cut down a lot on the exercising. Need to focus more on studies. According to wikipedia, the sudden stop of excessive exercising can lead to agitation, depression and God knows what. =(

Oh, good news, made Tiramisu from scratch. You know, *scratch scratch* and *poof* tiramisu appears. =) It turned out alright if not a little bit to alcoholic. The recipe needed 300ml of warm strong coffee but I used 3 (kinda large soup bowls) bowls of coffee with large doses of Kahlua. =p

Well, I improvised a little too much. Had this bottle of Kahlua sitting in our kitchen cabinet for far too long a time, so I just kinda added it into the tiramisu, it would have turned out fabulous if I had not added a tad too much. Besides that,I forgot that I had brought up my coffee to PJ and as I was making the tiramisu I panicked a little as I had no coffee,so it resulted in me using one of those instant coffee,you know, those 3-in-1 coffee packets.

I was a little afraid of making the tiramisu as it involves the use of egg whites and beating it to stiff peaks,honestly, I was afraid as I had quite a bad experience with egg whites. There was this one time I wanted to make meringues and I had use my electric mixer but something went wrong and the egg whites turned what-my-sister-calls a similar looking vomit that of Hershey's(my dog). *shivers*

I have to say, this time, I hand whipped my egg whites. I gave them a whooping of their lives. =)
Used a fork and later moved on to a plastic balloon whisk. And thanks to the efforts of my 2 younger sisters, it turned out exactly as it should be! Hallelujah!

Will soon attempt to make meringues again, and maybe macaroons. Maybe, just maybe. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment